Wednesday, December 12, 2012

First Post!



So, I decided to write a blog to help motivate me during the school year, and to keep me on track when I am not in school. I am a Fisheries and Wildlife student, but my key difference is that I do all my schooling online at Oregon State University. People always ask me so many questions about how I do it or have the drive to do what I do. By writing this blog it will help answer questions that I receive.

Recently I interning at the Philadelphia Zoo and absolutely love it. In the past I had another internship at the Brandywine Zoo and had an excellent experience there. In this current internship, I work in the education department and I get to design my own research paperTwo weeks ago was my first day and this Friday will be my 3rd day. More posts will be made about this in the future. Posts about how my internship and research are going. Currently I am  not in classes as of now since it is my winter break, but I need to get some things together for the this coming Fall quarter. A quarter is like a semester, but it only last about 10 weeks.  The classes I am looking to take are Biology 102, Wildlife Diseases, Capture and Immobilization, and hopefully Spanish if it is available.

I am hoping to inform readers what an online student does and the challenges that they have to overcome. Also to show what a fisheries and wildlife major does during their student career and hopefully showing what it takes to reaching one’s goals.

Well...hope that was a good first post and my post in the future will be longer! Feel free to ask any questions along the way. I would love to answer any. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment